Replacing Drive with SSD

Doug Hardie bc979 at lafn.org
Thu Sep 17 05:12:22 UTC 2015

> On 16 September 2015, at 16:09, Warren Block <wblock at wonkity.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, 16 Sep 2015, Doug Hardie wrote:

>> There is an error in the dump command above.  It needs a ‘/‘ before the ‘|’.
>
> Note the "Leaving out most of the options for clarity" part.  See
> http://www.wonkity.com/~wblock/docs/html/backup.html#_code_dump_code_via_ssh
>
> Options like -b64 can greatly increase speed.

I did notice that and the -b64 would not have changed the duration.  The disks were at about 2% utilization.  The bottleneck was the network connection.  It averaged 90 Mbps on a 100 Mbps link.  That was the reason it took so long.

Thanks for all the assistance.  Its completed and the new system will go into production later tonight.