10.2 graphics problem

Glenn English ghe at slsware.net
Wed Sep 16 17:18:33 UTC 2015

On Sep 16, 2015, at 10:13 AM, Warren Block <wblock at wonkity.com> wrote:

> The Handbook X chapter needs a rewrite.  I've talked about it, but not had time to actually do it.

Us noobs (especially those of us with X troubles) are just ever so glad to hear that there's something [citation needed] wrong in the X chapter of the Handbook :-)

> systemd on many (most?) distributions now, I think.

Systemd is why some of us are trying to desert the Debian we've relied on for so long. Linux' solution to some problems isn't to just fix the problem, but to layer another big piece of software on the distro.

BSD has what seems to be a reasonable startup system. Please don't go over there.

--
Glenn English