Storage question

Doug Hardie bc979 at lafn.org
Wed Sep 9 07:29:32 UTC 2015

The one item I didn’t see mentioned is the size of the next upgrade kernel.  I “sized” my root partition for 6.1 years ago.  7 didn’t fit on it unless I removed the kernel debug symbols during the installation.  8 wouldn’t fit at all.  I have periodically had to completely rebuild the system disk to resize the partitions for system upgrades.  That is a real pain and a major downtime.  10 is out and 11 is almost here.  Newer systems are always larger.