GCC question

Thomas Mueller mueller6724 at bellsouth.net
Mon Sep 7 07:24:35 UTC 2015

from Lowell Gilbert:

> The full form of the documentation is in an info file. Type "info gcc"
> to get it. If you use emacs, you'll find its info browser is better than
> the command line version. In fact, if you don't use emacs, you might be
> best off with an online version, such as from
>     https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/

There is a port, misc/pinfo, that I find helpful for reading an info file in the absence of KDE and Konqueror that I had years back with Linux Slackware.

Otherwise, I find info user-hostile, plain text would be better.  Many times, I went through an info file as straight text with "less" and found that better than info.

Tom