Jail causes host to reboot

Michael B. Eichorn ike at michaeleichorn.com
Wed Sep 2 20:22:08 UTC 2015

On Wed, 2015-09-02 at 22:03 +0200, Niklaas Baudet von Gersdorff wrote:
> On 02/09/15 21:51, Michael B. Eichorn wrote:
>
> > Just wanted to chime in. I just upgraded my jailed net/syncthing to
> > 0.11.10 (using pkg -j) on a 10.2-RELEASE system, and I did not have
> > any
> > problems. This of course doesn't mean that you are not having
> > problems
> > with the port, but its another data point.
>
> Thanks for sharing. In case the discussion goes further into the
> direction how net/syncthing could cause this, I upgraded 0.11.18 ->
> 0.11.23 (I let poudriere build the port).

Well, at least if the problem is the package, it is confined to
ports/head and hasn't reached the quarterly branch. Thus most 10.2 users
won't have run into it yet.

I guess we should start noting which ports branch we are talking about in
the lists. The more you know...

Good luck sorting this out, at least you have the workaround of using the
quarterly branch.