10.1 to 10.2 Failed with ZFS boot volume

dweimer dweimer at dweimer.net
Wed Sep 2 04:16:44 UTC 2015

I have upgraded a couple of my systems from 10.1-RELEASE-p17 to
10.2-RELEASE-p2, the third one however was unable to boot after the
upgrade. I was able to boot from the CD and switch the bootfs on the
zpool back to the 10.1 data set.

The error I received was

panic: Solaris(panic): blkptr at 0xffff80007fd9848 DVA 2 has invalid
OFFSET 37425723392

Screen Capture is here:
https://pydio.dweimer.net/data/public/freebsdpanic

Does anyone have any ideas?

I am going to copy the environment to a new VM tomorrow and attempt to
boot it off the network to see if I can troubleshoot more. I did copy
the existing 10.1-RELEASE-p17 dataset to another machine that was
already upgraded, installed the 10.2 version to it, and then moved it
back to the main system then rebooted with it set as the bootfs. Always
possible that some bits just got corrupted during the ZFS send/receive
operations.

--
Thanks,
    Dean E. Weimer