freebsd-update fetch: No mirrors remaining, giving up.

Romu huruomu at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 02:31:40 UTC 2015

No, you didn't get what I was asking.  "man freebsd-version" doesn't help
in this issue.

The reason why my freebsd-update always tries "Fetching metadata signature
for *10.2-STABLE* from update.FreeBSD.org" is because I used the wrong
kernel source (the stable branch) to build my custom kernel, hence uname -r
shows 10.2-STABLE.  I guess freebsd-update uses uname to determine system
version.  I recompiled the kernel using
https://svn.freebsd.org/base/releng/10.2 and now freebsd-update works fine.

Thanks
Romu