Ethernet Errors

Terje Elde terje at elde.net
Sun Oct 11 13:45:40 UTC 2015

On 11. okt. 2015, at 12:14, Doug Hardie <bc979 at lafn.org> wrote:

> Any ideas?

Seems you ruled out a lot of things. I'm wondering if it could be PSU or EMI?

Also, is the asymetry in errors based on number of errors, or percentage of errors of total packets in the direction?

Could the difference be explained by one interface receicing more, and the other sending more, and the error percentage thus being about the same?

> Unfortunately these servers are a 3 hour drive away at 1 AM.  It’s considerably longer during the day as I have to drive through Los Angeles.

Next time you're there, probably doesn't hurt to check the wiring. Do both run close to anything magnetic, such as PSUs, wall warts etc?

Oh, and in situations like these, I try to work in a habit of taking pictures. Nice to have as a reference, without having to visit.

Terje