Question about "pkg check"

Carmel NY carmel_ny at outlook.com
Sat Oct 3 14:38:30 UTC 2015

FreeBSD version 10.2-RELEASE-p5

I ran "pkg check -d -a" as shown below and receive a lot of apparent error
messages that I am not able to decipher. Can anyone assist me with this? My
system appears to be working fine.

pkg check -d -a
Checking all packages: 100%
libkfbapi has a missing dependency: gettext
libkolab has require a missing libraries: libcurl.so.7
postfix-current has require a missing libraries: liblmdb.so

>>> Missing package dependencies were detected.
>>> Found 1 issue(s) in the package database.

pkg: Repo FreeBSD needs schema upgrade from 2010 to 2012 but it is opened readonly
pkg: need to re-create repo FreeBSD to upgrade schema version
pkg: Repository FreeBSD cannot be opened. 'pkg update' required
pkg: No packages available to install matching 'gettext' have been found in the repositories
>>> Summary of actions performed:

gettext dependency failed to be fixed

>>> There are still missing dependencies.
>>> You are advised to try fixing them manually.

>>> Also make sure to check 'pkg updating' for known issues.

I probably should add that I use "portupgrade" to maintain my system. I have
several apps, like Postfix, Dovecot, etcetera that require more than the
basic configuration before installation. Perhaps that means the error
messages are harmless and I can ignore them. "Postfix-current" is working
fine even though "pkg" claims it is missing a library.

Thanks

--
Carmel