/usr/sbin/pkg broken after 10.1 to 10.2 upgrade

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Tue Nov 3 11:43:18 UTC 2015

On 03/11/2015 07:16, Patrick Gibson wrote:
> After doing what I believed to be a problem free update from 10.1 to
> 10.2, I get the following error when running pkg:
>
> $ pkg
> Shared object "libucl.so.1" not found, required by "pkg"

Hmmm.... while pkg(8) uses UCL, it has its own copy of the UCL code
built into itself and doesn't need libucl.so.1. You cannot get this
error message from pkg(8).

However the pkg(7) shim built into the system as /usr/sbin/pkg *does*
use /usr/lib/private/libucl.so.1 and that is what is printing out the
error message you're seeing.

This means that your attempt to upgrade has not completed
satisfactorily: you are missing necessary bits of the base system.
Concentrate on fixing that first.

	Cheers,

	Matthew