Dell R220 serial update

Paul Macdonald paul at ifdnrg.com
Wed Jun 17 19:19:19 UTC 2015

My research shows that serial support no longer works on Dell R220's, i
see failed messages for uart0 and hence no ttyu0.

For us this means we have to either stop using FreeBSD or buy different
hardware.

Obviously for us, this means the latter, and after comparing 2 test
boxes, supermicros work over serial as expected.

Given the licence costs for iDrac (and that we have several R220's with
no out of band access) i still hope someone will take a look at this?

I also suspect this is not restricted to R220's but all 13th generation
Dells.

Paul.

--
Paul Macdonald