ZFS in a VM?

Raimund Sacherer rs at logitravel.com
Mon Jun 15 09:45:00 UTC 2015

> I do. I do it not so much for any performance benefits, if any, ZFS offers,
> but more for data integrity. You need to tune it since the VM based disks
> are not the same as physical disks. I run into performance issues when the
> “disk” gets to a certain usage level (in terms of used capacity).

Hi,

would you mind sharing what you tune because I am in the process of using more and more FreeBSD in our company and we have a couple of VMWare virtualizations.

I would love to use ZFS with beadm to be able to make working snapshots before modifying the system and use snapshots in general.

It would be great to be able to learn from someone who really use it and has experience

Thanks
Best
Ray