best options for a *WORKING* MTA

monahbaki at gmail.com monahbaki at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 21:42:32 UTC 2015

  Original Message
From: Jerry
Sent: Monday, June 1, 2015 5:14 PM
To: FreeBSD FreeBSD
Reply To: FreeBSD FreeBSD
Subject: Re: best options for a *WORKING* MTA

On Mon, 1 Jun 2015 15:39:30 -0400, Aryeh Friedman stated:

> Then tell me how this is not broken when the default behaviour (even after
> editing local-host-names):
>
> from Localhost:
> telnet localhost 25
> [standard SMTP output]
>
> from any other machine:
> telnet mailserver 25
> connection refused
>
> and no where in the handbook or documentation does it a) say this is the
> default behavior and b) how to fix it with installing SASL or something
> else from ports (violating the idea that the base system works out of the
> box with no additions)

Okay, before you waste everyone's time, post the output of "postconf -nf" and
"postconf -Mf" I assume you are using the latest version of postfix.

Furthermore, it does work out of the box. Adding SASL, DKIM, etcetera is not
a basic installation.

--
Jerry