make: Missing dependency operator

Murk Fletcher murk.fletcher at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 15:45:36 UTC 2015

Hi!

> Perhaps the makefile requires GNUmake?

Good call -- tried with `gmake`:

# gmake
cc -std=c99 -Wall -O3 -I../mozjpeg -c -o src/util.o src/util.c
In file included from src/util.c:1:
src/util.h:9:10: fatal error: 'jpeglib.h' file not found
#include <jpeglib.h>
         ^
1 error generated.
Makefile:50: recipe for target 'src/util.o' failed
gmake: *** [src/util.o] Error 1

# find / -name "jpeglib.h"
/usr/local/include/jpeglib.h

Any idea how to point it to that path?

> But it is even worse than that, the if-else in question tests for OS
based on uname and sets variable accordingly. Further, the test would
result in anything that is not Linux or Mac/Darwin being identified as
Windows.

Bad news indeed. Any chance you could help with a patch? I wouldn't mind
paying if that's necessary.

Thanks!

Murk