NFS issue

William A. Mahaffey III wam at hiwaay.net
Tue Jul 21 19:24:25 UTC 2015

I booted up an old machine yesterday (predecessor to this box, as it
happens) to recover some stuff (which it turned out I already had :-/).
I accessed its HDD using automount. I looked around, figured out I
already had everything I needed, su'ed to root & poweroff'ed, *before*
the automount on this box had a chance to unmount the HDD from the other
box. This got me an error message in my messages file, but nothing else,
except that whenever I do a 'df' since (which would show the automounted
HDD's from other boxen), the process hangs & I have to kill the (rxvt)
terminal & start another one. I explicitly unmounted the offending HDD
w/ 'umount -f', but still no joy. How do I get this fixed short of
rebooting (if possible) ? TIA & have a good one.

P.S.:
[root at kabini1, /etc, 2:29:37pm] 351 % uname -a
FreeBSD kabini1.local 9.3-RELEASE-p13 FreeBSD 9.3-RELEASE-p13 #0: Tue
Apr  7 03:01:12 UTC 2015
root at amd64-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC amd64
[root at kabini1, /etc, 2:29:39pm] 352 %

--

	William A. Mahaffey III