Questions about freebsd-update

Quartz quartz at sneakertech.com
Sun Jul 12 06:03:16 UTC 2015

>When you install Windows and a service pack, you can't stop in
> the half of the service pack installation.
>
> freebsd-update make the same thing like windows update, it will install
> security updates.

Well, sorta. With Windows or OSX or whatever you can get a list of all
the updates it wants to install and you can check/uncheck them
individually, and you can download a lot of the major
updates/KBs/service packs separately and install them offline if you
need to. I was hoping there was something similar for FreeBSD.