portmaster -af fails due to dead port - HELP

Matthew Seaman matthew at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jul 3 14:27:23 UTC 2015

On 2015/07/03 15:13, kpneal at pobox.com wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 02, 2015 at 11:06:50PM -0400, William F. Dudley Jr. wrote:
>> > I've just read a bit of the docs for poudriere and it looks like another
>> > nightmare.  It wants me
>> > to use ZFS, for starters, which means more disks that I don't have room
>> > for.  I have

> ZFS will run on a single disk. But ZFS is, in some ways, its own adventure.
> So no ZFS. OK...

As I recall, you *don't* need ZFS with recent versions of poudriere.
ZFS is recommended, and it certainly makes the build-environment
wrangling that poudriere does easier.  But not having it doesn't prevent
you using poudriere any more.  See here:

https://github.com/freebsd/poudriere/wiki

	Cheers,

	Matthew