[Semi-OT] SFF-8087 to eSata?

jd1008 jd1008 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 18:35:43 UTC 2015

On 01/26/2015 11:25 AM, C. P. Ghost wrote:
> HBA which comes with 2 external SFF-8087 connectors
> for 4 drives each (that's an Avago SAS HBA 9207-8e, which
> supports up to 1024 HDDs according to specs).
I'm trying to understand your statement above.
You say each external sff supports 4 drives, yet
you say the HBA supports  1024 drives.
So, where are all the rest of the ports of the HBA?

I know of eSATA chipset that understands when it
is connected (via a single connector) to a disk farm.

Does you ssf port understand it is connected to a
disk farm box? If yes, can you configure your hba
to make it talk to a multi-disk  (i.e. more than 4 disks)
farm via one of the ssf ports?