[Semi-OT] SFF-8087 to eSata?

C. P. Ghost cpghost at cordula.ws
Mon Jan 26 18:25:44 UTC 2015

Hello,

I'm trying to connect an external enclosure for SATA drives
which comes with a single eSata connector for 8 drives in
JBOD mode on one side (it's an IcyBox IB-3680SU3) to an
HBA which comes with 2 external SFF-8087 connectors
for 4 drives each (that's an Avago SAS HBA 9207-8e, which
supports up to 1024 HDDs according to specs).

I'm trying to set up an external ZFS pool on those 8 drives.

Now, I'm wondering what kind of cable or cable wizardry
I need to get both SFF-8087 with the single JBOD eSata
port connected. Is that possible at all?

I'm not that familiar with that setup. Any help or hints
appreciated.

Thanks,
-cpghost.

--