Still cant update nvidia driver.

reg at dwf.com reg at dwf.com
Sat Feb 28 23:09:23 UTC 2015

I hate to keep bothering this list with what seems to be a simple
problem, but Im new to pc-bsd, and what I read, and the suggestions
Im getting just don't work. I need some help.

I need to replace the nvidia-driver-340 with nvidia-driver-304 to
support my nvidia 6200 video card.

I have been pointed a the port, I can get into single user mode and
mount all the file systems.  But the simple 'make install' in the 304
directory does not work, claiming it cant overwrite one of the 340
files.  'make deinstall' of the 340 package was also suggested but
it appears its not a port.  'pkg remove nvidia-driver-340' was also
suggested, it dies with a 'Package(s) not found'.  A simple renaming
of the file that needs to be overwritten doesn't work either, seems
that 'port install' must be working from some list of files that
it has squirreled away, as it still complains.

Now at least one user says he did this, so it must be possible,
can someone please give me a method that really works?

Thanks
--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com