pkg audit finds updates, but pkg upgrade doesn't

Ben Woods woodsb02 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 23:49:34 UTC 2015

Not sure there is a "right way", but your options are essentially:
- wait for the new package
- compile the new port on the server it will be installed on
- compile the new port on another server using "make package" (make sure
all other ports and options are the same)
- set up your own poudriere system and use that as your repository

I have personally done the last one, and it isn't as hard as you might
think. I did it more for testing the ports I maintain, but getting security
updates sooner is an equally good reason.

Regards,
Ben