Mysql server in a jail

darwinsurvivor at gmail.com darwinsurvivor at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 22:23:34 UTC 2015

I have MariaDB 5.5 in a jail without problems on FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE. Are
you able to start it if you jexec into the jail and try to start the
service manually? Also try running the mysqld binary directly and see if it
produces any error messages.

Can you add the exact error message you are getting to the email thread?

~Doug