[Phishing]Re: Migrating to FreeBSD from Debian

Daniel Feenberg feenberg at nber.org
Mon Dec 7 16:05:38 UTC 2015

On Mon, 7 Dec 2015, Lowell Gilbert wrote:

>> But we should warn then about not mixing ports & packages. I agree,
>> pkg is a good choice [when pkg only].
>
> That's gradually become a much smaller issue than it used to be.

What does the warning mean? That once I have installed a single package I
can never use ports? So if I want a port, and already have packages, I
have to uninstall all of the packages first and can never in the future
install any package? That seems extreme. Or is there a less restrictive
interpretation that is more correct?

daniel feenberg
NBER