system temperatures

Dave dave at dgmm.net
Mon Aug 31 18:35:57 UTC 2015

On Sunday 30 August 2015 10:49:34 you wrote:
> It is convenient on my various linux boxen to use lm_sensors to retrieve
> apparently accurate temps. for various system components (CPU's), as
> well as data on fan speeds, etc. Under FreeBSD (9.3R-p21), sysctl
> provides some of this info, but apparently inaccurately. It would be
> sweet to fix that minor issue, seems like it would be a bit more than
> just sweet for remote servers, etc. Do I file this as a problem report
> of some sort ? If so, how do I go about doing that  ? TIA & have a
> nice weekend.

It might be worth doing this:

sysctl -a | grep temp
dev.cpu.0.temperature: 42.0C
dev.cpu.1.temperature: 42.0C
dev.cpu.2.temperature: 42.0C
dev.cpu.3.temperature: 42.0C
dev.cpu.4.temperature: 42.0C
dev.cpu.5.temperature: 42.0C
dev.amdtemp.0.%desc: AMD CPU On-Die Thermal Sensors
dev.amdtemp.0.%driver: amdtemp
dev.amdtemp.0.%parent: hostb4
dev.amdtemp.0.sensor0.core0: 42.0C

...just to see what else might show up in relation to temperatures
in the various sysctl variables.

both healthd and xmbmon in their default states report a CPU temp of ~143c on my system.
42c is ~107F so that's not the problem.