Stop using a SATA drive

Adrian Chadd adrian.chadd at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 16:35:17 UTC 2015

Hi,

erm - yes, PCs do.

You can likely send commands to USB disks for "plz sync and power down thx".

You can almost always turn off and on USB ports on your computer.

You can find out what kind of power consumption each port is (low,
high) and turn them off if needs be.

You can also tell SATA disks to spin down too.

There's a lot more going on in modern PCs than in the 90s.

-adrian