[Bulk] Re: Stop using a SATA drive

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Mon Aug 24 22:33:46 UTC 2015

On Mon, 24 Aug 2015 15:15:26 -0700, Chris Stankevitz wrote:
>I didn't know that the heads were parked when the power is cut... but
>that is a relief to hear.

I own a around 40 MiB SCSI for an Atari from the late 80s. I simply
turn of the power without sending a command first. So seemingly drives
must be older than from the late 80s, to not provide automatically
parking. Regarding the SATA Wiki, SATA was created in 2003. Unlikely
that a SATA without automatically parking existed/exists.