AMD A series support

Fernando Apesteguía fernando.apesteguia at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 18:18:01 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I am thinking of changing my old laptop and a friend of mine talk to
me about the AMD A series. He uses Linux and his experience is good so
far.

I have a couple of questions I hope you can help me with:

-  Does the combined use of the different Compute Cores (CPU + GPU) to
share workloads need a special support in the OS (in the scheduler for
instance)? If that is the case, how well supported are these APU's in
FreeBSD?

- Do we have any software in the ports that can monitor the use of
both CPU + GPU cores?

Thanks.