Getting value out of "man getopts"

Chris Stankevitz chrisstankevitz at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 20:26:49 UTC 2015

On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 1:17 PM, Quartz <quartz at sneakertech.com> wrote:
> Just to be 100% clear, are you referring to "getopt" or "getopts" (with the
> 's')? They're closely related and often confused.

Quartz,

I'm interested in getopts with an 's', which is a built-in command.

And I think I understand why "man getopts" shows me a largely useless
page.  Builtin commands might exist for many different shells and the
man infrastructure doesn't necessarily know which shell's
documentation to display... so it gives just a generic manual.  Still
leaves me wondering where I am supposed to go for csh's getopts man
page.

Thank you,

Chris