Re. Eclipse & virtualbox

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Fri Apr 17 05:27:31 UTC 2015

On Fri, 17 Apr 2015 10:37:57 +0530, arnab bhowmick wrote:
> Thanks for helping friend. Both eclipse and virtualbox is working now

Nice to hear! :-)

On Fri, 17 Apr 2015 10:39:26 +0530, arnab bhowmick wrote:
> But do you know that how to create their desktop icon? I am using GNOME
> desktop

It depends on which Gnome version (2 or 3) you're using.
But if I remember correctly, the right-click context menu
of the desktop should have an entry called "create launcher".
I'm not using Gnome regularly anymore, so I can't be more
specific.

>From within a terminal, you can issue the following command:

	gnome-desktop-item-edit --create-new ~/Desktop

It will run the dialog to create the launcher. Just fill in
the required information for the program you want to launch,
select an icon, and it's done.

Found here:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/64222/how-can-i-create-launchers-on-my-desktop

I don't have a Gnome system at hand currently to verify. :-(

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany