Eclipse IDE & Virtual box issue

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Thu Apr 16 10:25:37 UTC 2015

On Thu, 16 Apr 2015 15:34:59 +0530, arnab bhowmick wrote:
> I have installed eclipse and virtual box on my freebsd 10.1 system via pkg
> install command. But unable to use both of these tools. I cannot found
> where is the eclipse logo or what I have to make change in the system to
> use this ide.

What happens if you run (start) Eclipse from within a terminal?
It's the easiest way to find out what actually happens when you
observe that "nothing" happens. The command to do so should be

	% eclipse

if I remember correctly - I don't use Eclipse regularly anymore,
so my memory has started with garbage collection. ;-)

Do you also have the neccessary JDK components installed?

The integration of program menu entries and desktop shortcuts
depends on the desktop environment you're using. Which one is it?
(Note that starting Eclipse from a terminal is a comfortable
desktop-independent solution.)

> And for the virtual box it only showing the logo but when I
> am trying to open it nothing is happening. I have used vboxdrv_load="YES" &
> vboxnet_enable="YES" but nothing happened.

Do you have installed the required components? You can find
an excellent description of how to get VirtualBox running on
a FreeBSD host in chapter 22.3. of the handbook:

https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/virtualization-host-virtualbox.html

Make sure you have all of this covered.

--
Polytropon