line drawing and display and xterms

John freebsd-lists at potato.growveg.org
Tue Apr 14 12:18:21 UTC 2015

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 07:20:55AM -0400, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> [...]

Hi,

Yeah that makes sense. Not solved it all yet though, even when setting
both sides of the connection to:

set LANG=en_GB.ISO8859-1
set LC_CTYPE="en_GB.ISO8859-1"
set LC_COLLATE="en_GB.ISO8859-1"
set LC_TIME="en_GB.ISO8859-1"
set LC_NUMERIC="en_GB.ISO8859-1"
set LC_MONETARY="en_GB.ISO8859-1"
set LC_MESSAGES="en_GB.ISO8859-1"
set LC_ALL=

It may be worth noting here that screen seems to make a default
$HOME/.screenrc with just the following:

defencoding utf8
encoding utf8 utf8

I've commented these out for now and have restarted the screens.
--
John