Why does FreeBSD insist on https?

Terje Elde terje at elde.net
Fri Apr 3 18:56:46 UTC 2015

On 3. apr. 2015, at 19:59, Dieter BSD <dieterbsd at gmail.com> wrote:

> Terje replies:
>> If it's causing you any actual trouble
>
> It is.  Original message is quoted above, read it again, and don't
> assume I'm looking for an argument, or abuse.

I never made any such assumption. I was just trying to get across that it seems a bit hard to pin down what the problem is. Without understanding that, it's hard to offer any assistance. You did email questions@ after all.

> I'm only saying that the website should
> honor http for those who prefer or need it.

The only user group I'm aware of that would need access without https are convicts in some locations. Surely there could be other user groups as well, but I'm not aware of them, which brings us back to wanting to understand the problem.

Terje