FreeBSD and WiDi / Miracast / WiFi Direct HDMI streaming

CeDeROM cederom at tlen.pl
Fri Sep 26 11:39:26 UTC 2014

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 11:06 AM, CeDeROM <cederom at tlen.pl> wrote:
> I have just received a Chromecast from Google dongle =) IT WORKS!
> Amazingly from start, on my old Nexus7, seems to work on OSX as well.
> Now time for FreeBSD :-)

Good news - Chromecast does work like a charm.

Good news - Chromium has this nice "CAST" extension that allows to
render website and stream it via Chromecast. Its then recognised by
Youtube player itself. It works nice with OSX.

Bad news - Cast extension crashes Chromium (Version 37.0.2062.94
(290621) (64-bit)) just after install on FreeBSD (10.0-RELEASE AMD64).

Still, something is already out there, just need some tuning, it seems
:-) Maybe a new release of Chromium will bring fixes and no work is
even necessary :-)

Best regards! :-)

Tomek