squid-3.4.8_1 leaking memory

Victor Sudakov vas at mpeks.tomsk.su
Thu Sep 25 16:55:40 UTC 2014

Dennis Glatting wrote:

> > > The Squid Cache web site DOES NOT list 3.4.8 as the stable release,
> > > rather 3.4.7 is listed as the stable release.
> >
> > Well, what is 3.4.8 doing in the ports collection then? Someone was
> > too quick to adopt it as www/squid ?
> >

> There was a long thread last week(?). I read half the messages when I
> got home when it seemed things were in good hands. I'm sure there was
> good reason.
>
> I am running 3.4.7 (no change sets) on four servers without problems
> however these are lower use servers (application proxies, AV proxies,
> etc -- with exceptions, generally no longer user proxies). I haven't
> noticed a problem but that does not mean there isn't one. Also, they
> just went through a security patch cycle and were booted, so I don't
> have useful data.
>

> > > There are also 18 change
> > > sets listed for 3.4.7 and three for 3.4.8.
> >
> > Is there a quick and easy way to to downgrade www/squid to 3.4.7?
> >
> > Tonight I'll be trying to replace it with www/squid33 anyway.
> >

> 3.3 is EoL or near EoL.

All right, what other options do I have? Just restart the leaky
3.4.8_1 every hour and hope for a future fix?

Besides, I have found that libexec/squid/ntlm_smb_lm_auth is seriously
broken. It did work fine in squid27 (was called ntlm_auth at that
time) but now it just asks infinitely for the users's domain
credentials and never permits the user.

In fact, if I use the squid27 ntlm_auth binary with 3.4.8,
authentication works again.

In short, what do I do?

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN