Tor-project & git ....

William A. Mahaffey III wam at hiwaay.net
Tue Sep 23 20:40:38 UTC 2014

.... I am interested in the tor project (https://www.torproject.org/)
for anonymizing my browsing. Inconveniently (but not surprisingly), they
don't have a prebuilt FBSD 9.3 package. Even more inconveniently, they
use git for project management, which I know nothing about. I downloaded
& installed FBSD git (git-2.1.0) a week or 2 ago, & have been reading
the man pages, but am still a bit clueless (OK, fully & completely
clueless) as to how it operates, including how to download a software
tree to start with. Could someone provide a quick & dirty HOWTO for me
as to how to download (& build, if there are any quirks there) ;-) a git
software tree ? TIA ....

--

	William A. Mahaffey III