How to have jails checked for out of date applications.

Andrew Berg aberg010 at my.hennepintech.edu
Wed Sep 17 00:53:03 UTC 2014

On 2014.09.16 19:19, Brandon Schneider wrote:
> That's actually a really great idea, I think when I have some time I
> will explore that. Any links to quickly get me up and running with
> documentation? Is the HandBook enough?
The handbook won't cover it in detail since it's not part of base, but there is
a nice tutorial here: http://www.bsdnow.tv/tutorials/poudriere
It also comes with good man pages, of course.

Learning about periodic(8) (from both the man pages and reading through
/etc/defaults/periodic.conf) would also be a good idea. There is a weekly task
that checks for out-of-date packages.

I CC'd the list since I assume you meant to reply to it and not just me directly.