Is true that Microsoft doesn't use products Microsoft in web servers in half the time ?

David Benfell benfell at parts-unknown.org
Sat Oct 18 15:40:29 UTC 2014

On Sat, Oct 18, 2014 at 12:13:28PM -0300, françai s wrote:

> Is true that Microsoft doesn't use products Microsoft in web servers
> in half the time ?

It has been a very long time--the dot-com era--since I heard anything
about this. Apparently at that time, Microsoft was using FreeBSD for
hotmail and several attempts to convert it to a Windows platform had
failed.

The irony of this gave one of my co-workers at Linuxcare at the time
no small amount of delight. She was a strong FreeBSD advocate.

But I *think* they eventually overcame the hurdles and hotmail is now
running on a Microsoft platform.

--
David Benfell <benfell at parts-unknown.org>
See https://parts-unknown.org/node/2 if you don't understand the