SOLVED WITH QUESTIONS Re: Latest NVidia Driver Issue

Dave dcbdbis at comcast.net
Sun Oct 12 17:48:58 UTC 2014

I researched where the loader looks for modules, and it looks like
/boot/modules is not in it's search path. /boot/modules was where the
nvidia module was put after I built it from ports.

I (as root) copied nvidia.ko into /boot/kernel, unremmed the line of
nvidia_load="YES", and the system then properly loaded the nvidia module
flawlessly, and "X" came up perfectly.

Now....being junior with FreeBSD (< 1 year),,,I don't know who to report
the bug to....the nvidia driver maintainer? or...the person responsible
for the loader?

Will someone please help me out with WHY....my fix above worked, when
previously it wasn't necessary?

Then who I should report this to?

If you can help, I would be very appreciative,

Sincerely and respectfully,

Dave