OT: UPS for FreeBSD

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Sat Nov 29 03:04:04 UTC 2014

> On Fri, 28 Nov 2014 17:49:01 -0800
> perryh at pluto.rain.com (Perry Hutchison) wrote:
> > Chris Hill <chris at monochrome.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > I believe that is called a "fuse."
> >
> > "designed to melt upon overload" is the very definition of a fuse,
> > but bimetallic (in the context of overload protection) sounds like
> > a thermal circuit breaker.  I wonder if the combination may indicate
> > that someone is con-fused :)
>
> A "1500 kVA" bimetallic thermal circuit breaker?

PS: We can assume that VA doesn't mean low V * high A, but it likely
is high V * high A. Regarding to the much A it must be a big piece of
metal and regarding to high V the big piece of metal must bend a lot,
to avoid an electric arc. Assumed it isn't a fuse and it is a thermal
circuit breaker, I wonder how "fast" the metal bends and what sound is
produced when the metal bends. The bimetallic thermal circuit breaker
in our dishwashers is for completely different VA.