UPS for FreeBSD

dweimer dweimer at dweimer.net
Wed Nov 26 14:04:11 UTC 2014

On 11/25/2014 9:48 pm, Alejandro Imass wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking to buy a UPS for a server I have at home that will work
> with
> FreeBSD and can signal for server via USB to gracefully shutdown when
> power
> goes out.
>
> Do any of these work with FreeBSD via USB?
>
> - CyberPower Standby CP425SLG UPS
> - CyberPower Standby CP550SLG UPS
> - Tripp Lite ECO Series 350VA UPS
> - Tripp Lite ECO Series 550VA UPS
>
> Or any other off-the-shelf inexpensive UPS that I can buy at Staples or
> Best Buy that will work with FreeBSD via USB to shut down the server
> gracefully.
>
> TIA,
> Alejandro Imass

I use a Cyberpower CPS1500AVR and CPS900AVR with NUT on FreeBSD without
any trouble.  The 550SL appears to be in the NUT drivers list.

"Cyber Power Systems"	"ups"	"1"	"550SL"	""	"genericups upstype=7"

Not sure about the Tripp Lite models listed, I didn't see 350VA or 550VA
in the list, but I am not as familiar with there models, so they may be
compatible with other Trip Lite models listed.  A quick check would be
to install NUT on your server, and look through the
/usr/local/etc/nut/driver.list file.  It also contains comments, listing
website information to get more information about the supported drivers.

--
Thanks,
    Dean E. Weimer