Re: FreeBSD 10.1 - Xt error: Can´t open display :0

Luciano Rottava da Silva rottava at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 00:48:23 UTC 2014

Hello,

Anyone?

I am still unable to launch any program from X running olvwm. Message in
the console (vt0 for instance) is always the same: "xterm: Xt error: Can`t
open display .0"

But if I switch to vt1 and run: "xterm -display localhost:0", then a xterm
window pop up in the X/olvwm, allowing me to launch everything else from
this shell. But of course, would like to be able to do it using the menu I
am building in the "openwin-menu".

#cat /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1 localhost localhost.mydomain
127.0.0.1 desktop desktop.rottava.home