freebsd-update - 10.0 to 10.1

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Mon Nov 17 14:05:27 UTC 2014

> On Monday, November 17, 2014 02:31:28 PM andrew clarke
> wrote:
>
> > Which is somewhat at odds with the message you saw from
> > freebsd-update:
>
> Yes, exactly.
>
> I've been through major version upgrades before (6 to 7, 7 to 8, 8 to 9 and 9
> to 10), and this is the first time freebsd-update is asking me to rebuild Ports
> for a minor version.
>
> I'll proceed without the Ports rebuild and report back here.

I received the same message. I decided to go ahead and do a complete rebuild of the ports. The message also stated that I should run "freebsd-update install" after rebuilding the ports. I assume I do that before rebooting the machine. Is that correct? I am also assuming that I should rebuild the ports BEFORE rebooting. I hope so. Because that is what I am doing and there was no message that stated I should reboot first.

--
Jerry