Small/Low Power Server Recommendation?

Waitman Gobble gobble.wa at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 05:57:57 UTC 2014

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 9:57 AM, Chris Maness <chris at chrismaness.com> wrote:

> I am looking to replace a huge noisy old server that I have used for years
> for my home business.  Looking for something inexpensive and relatively
> small to replace it with.  Any recommendations guys/gals?  I was even
> thinking of buying a used laptop to run FreeBSD on and set it and forget
> it.  Not sure what options are out there as I have not put together a
> server in many years.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris Maness

This looks kinda cool, running ATOM D510 processor with 2GB RAM and RAID
 not bad for 99 bucks.. seems to be out of stock though.

- Supermicro D510MO Main Board
- Intel ATOM D510 Dual Core Processors 1.66GHz
- 2GB DDR2 (2x 1GB DIMMs) RAM
- Intel ESB2 SATA 3.0 Gbps RAID Controller
- 1x Gigabit Ethernet Onboard NIC
- PCI-Express Expansion slot

http://unixsurplus.com/product/1u-supermicro-d510mo-intel-atom-d510-16ghz-dual-core-server-e76523-302-37w

--