VNC Question

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Sat Nov 1 12:10:25 UTC 2014

On Fri, 31 Oct 2014 19:52:19 -0600, Dave Babb wrote:
> Question #2: Can someone please point me to a resource so I can read
> about how to use the /etc/tightvncserver.conf file?

On FreeBSD, /etc is reserved for OS configuration files.
The equivalent /usr/local/etc is to be used for installed
packages, because they reside in the /usr/local subtree
which "mimics" the OS-level structures (subdirectories like
bin/, doc/, share/, include/, lib/, also etc/, and so on).
So per conclusion, /usr/local/etc/tightvncserver.conf would
be worth a try. But of course it depends on _if_ the pro-
grammer implemented that accordingly...

You could, for examination purposes, run "truss" with the
binary and grep for which files it opens for reading, to
see where a possible global configuration file could be
expected. However, those are details that should be part
of the documentation, preferred in "man" format.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany