VNC Question

Dave Babb dcbdbis at comcast.net
Sat Nov 1 01:52:22 UTC 2014

FreeBSD 10.0 Release x64.

On a server I sat a few years ago, I remember being able to configure
TIgerVNC to automatically map a users desktop once that user has logged
in, instead of requiring the user to use ssh, fire vncserver, then
connect with vnc.

This new server has TightVNC on it.. I have modified the various user's
".vnc/xstartup" file....and I can log in after I ssh and start the vnc
server.....

However, I would like to specify some global settings in the
/etc/tightvncserver.conf file.

Unfortunately the man page has nothing on it. The TightVNC website has
no docs on it...seems thay are now a Windows package.

Google and Yahoo searches aren't turning up specifics about this file
and how to use it. Neither does the man pagees.

Question #1: Am I using the wrong VNC platform for what I am trying to
do? If so, is it TigerVNC the goto or something else?

Question #2: Can someone please point me to a resource so I can read
about how to use the /etc/tightvncserver.conf file?

If the answer is to use TigerVNC....I have already found the
documentation I need. I am preferring TightVNC because all the FreeBSD
docs I have read so far prefer it over TigerVNC...But I don't care which
I use......

Help would be appreciated.

Sincerely and respectfully,

Dave