FreeBSD-10.0r. on Lenovo G780 (fwd)

Ed Maste emaste at freebsd.org
Tue May 27 21:41:02 UTC 2014

> OMG. The console font looks terrible (too small). And it has become
> Unicode.

Personally I prefer the crisp (and yes, small) console font over a
blurry stretched 80x25 console, but we will add larger font bitmaps as
well.  Sample versions have been posted to one of the mailing lists
already.  We'll also add different fonts in case you don't like
Terminus.

Unicode support is one of vt(4)'s benefits (screen maps not required);
is there a reason you'd not want it?  Keymap support (via rc.conf
settings) is not yet available but will come soon.

- Ed