Hardware for NAS/NFS?

Jeremy Boy mail at jboy.eu
Mon May 26 07:26:21 UTC 2014

Hi!

My home server has the following configuration:
- Intel DN2800MTE (with onboard Atom CPU)
- 2 x 2 GB SODIMM-DDR3
- 2 x 2 TB WD RED
- be quiet! Pure Power CM BQT L8-430W
- CoolerMaster Elite 130

Which runs a ZFS file system under 10-STABLE and needs about 20W.

Do you know FreeNAS? I installed it on el-cheapo-hardware in several schools I worked in. It also supports ZFS.

Jeremy