USB to parallel for printer HP LaserJet 4mL

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Thu May 22 00:04:55 UTC 2014

On Wed, 21 May 2014 10:01:19 -0600 (MDT), Warren Block wrote:
> I agree that a network connection is more useful.  Some older routers
> had parallel printer ports.

Example: Linksys Wireless-G Printserver Mod. WPS54GU2. This
one offers a parallel port, a USB port, RJ45 network connection
and WLAN. This kind of device usually supports attaching a
parallel printer and then provide a print server that can
be addressed via network.

> However, if the price of a used external JetDirect or USB adapter is
> over $20, I would suggest instead upgrading the printer.  Used business
> laser printers aren't too hard to find for $50 or less, and many include
> USB or Ethernet or both.  They will also be much faster.

Fully agree. I have obsoleted my HP Laserjet 4 with a 4000 DN
some years ago for very few money - works flawlessly and much
better than USB inkpee electrical sheet feeders. :-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany