USB to parallel for printer HP LaserJet 4mL

Markus Hoenicka markus.hoenicka at mhoenicka.de
Tue May 20 12:38:32 UTC 2014

At 2014-05-19 15:49, Matthias Apitz was heard to say:
> Hello,
>
> I have an older printer HP LaserJet 4mL which always worked nicely when
> attached to my FreeBSD servers/laptops using its parallel interface.
>
> Now I do not have any such laptop with parallel anymore. Are there any
> recommendations for an USB to parallel interface for printers?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> 	matthias

Not quite USB to parallel, but rather RJ45 to parallel: we used to have
a JetDirect external network adapter for an old LaserJet in our lab
which did the trick for us. Used or refurbished ones seem to be
affordable. I guess you have some sort of switch or router to connect
your laptop to.

regards,
Markus

--