/usr/local/lib/compat/pkg/ cleanup ?

Victor Sudakov vas at mpeks.tomsk.su
Sat Jun 28 13:53:31 UTC 2014

Anton Sayetsky wrote:

> >> ports-mgmt/portupgrade (portsclean)
> >> sysutils/bsdadminscripts (pkg_libchk)
> >> sysutills/libchk
> >
> > I know about the last one but I don't trust it. It shows some system
> > libraries (from the base system) as unreferenced libraries, this looks
> > highly suspicious to me.
> 1. man libchk
> 2. /WARNING

That's exactly why I mistrust it.

> 3. read
> 4. ???
> 5. PROFIT!
>
> I usually do something following:
> 1. portupgrade -acvR
> 2. rm -rf /usr/local/lib/compat/pkg

Unfortunately I don't use portupgrade, but I like your radicalism :)

With "rm -rf /usr/local/lib/compat/pkg" you don't need all those
sophisticated tools you mentioned above. A missing library will
quickly make itself known :) and then you can forcible reinstall the
affected packages.

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
sip:sudakov at sibptus.tomsk.ru